2.1 Installing Mwave for Windows 95
UPGRADING/RE-INSTALLING THE MWAVE SOFTWARE
1. Before installing this software, please shut down all open programs.
2. To begin installation put disk #1 in the diskette drive.
3. Click the START icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click RUN and type A:\SETUP in the text entry box. Click OK, the Mwave
code installation begins. Follow the install instructions. Please note,
if the install detects a previous version of the Mwave drivers, it will
uninstall them first. This process may take a lot of time with no
apparent system activity. Do not be alarmed, this is normal. After the
old MWave drivers have been uninstalled, remove the diskette, reboot the
system and return to step 2.
5. After the install completes open the Control Panel and click ADD NEW
a. Click NEXT.
b. Click NO and click NEXT.
c. Select ?OTHER devices in the "Hardware Types" menu.
d. Click NEXT.
e. Locate "IBM" in the "Manufacturers" list.
f. In the "Models" list select IBM Dolphin Mwave DSP Adapter.
g. Click NEXT.
h. Click NEXT again.
i. Click OK and the "Insert Diskette" dialog box appears.
j. Put Mwave disk #1 in the diskette drive.
k. Enter A:\
l. Click OK.
m. Click FINISH.
n. Click YES to shut down your computer.
o. Turn your computer back on.
p. Windows 95 now discovers new hardware.
q. Click OK in the dialog box to shut down your computer.
r. Shut down Windows 95 and power off your computer.
s. Restart the computer and Mwave is installed.
6. Continue to section 2.2 to install the MIDI software.
REMOVING THE MWAVE CARD AND SOFTWARE
1. Put disk #1 in the diskette drive.
2. Click the START icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Click RUN and type A:\SETUP in the text entry box. Mwave code
installation begins. Follow the instructions.
4. After Mwave is uninstalled:
a. Power off your machine.
b. Disconnect the power cord.
c. Remove the Mwave card.
d. Reconnect the power cord, power up your PC, and start Windows 95.
2.2 Installing MIDI Samples for Windows 95
To install the Mwave MIDI Samples:
1. Close all open programs.
2. Insert disk 1 of the MIDI Samples in your floppy drive.
3. Click Start
4. Click Run
5. Type a:\setup in the OPEN window
6. Click OK
7. Choose the path in which to install the samples. We recommend using
the default path.
8. You will be asked if you want your DOS MWave MIDI Synthesizer to use
this set of MIDI samples. Click Yes.
9. You will be asked if you want the Windows MWave MIDI Synthesizer to
use this set of MIDI samples. Click Yes.
10. You will be asked the same question as in step 8. Answer Yes again.
11. As the install progresses, you will be prompted to insert diskettes
2 and 3. Do this when prompted. Click OK to continue.
12. When the installation is complete, you will see a box reminding you
to restart you system. Click OK.
13. Shut down and restart your system.