UCOCXFIX.EXE does two things:
- Allows users who have never installed Internet Explorer 3.x (or who uninstall IE3.x and install IE4.x), to install and run IBM Update Connector
- Updates the COMCTL32.OCX file as a fix for Runtime 438 Errors in Update Connector
UCOCXFIX.EXE - 620,315 bytes
- Download UCOCXFIX.EXE to your hard drive
- Insert a blank 3.5" floppy disk in Drive A:\
- Double-Click on the UCOCXFIX file to create the install disk
- Leave the floppy disk inserted
- Click Start > Click Run > Type A:\SETUP > Click OK
Users with IE3.x:
This update should NOT be applied to systems without IE3 or above already installed
If Update Connector is not installed on this system, run this setup.exe, then install Update Connector.
Users with IE3.x wishing to install IE4.x:
If Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 4 is going to be installed, install IE 4 first. Then run the setup.exe and finally, install Update Connector.
Back to the UAS Knowledge Base